Click here to go to Home Page
I intend this to be a permanent archive of old photos of members of or about the Minney and Minnell families. My definition of 'old' is a photograph taken before 1945, although there will be exceptions. For example re-unions; I have a photo of four generations of Minney taken in the mid 1960s where the oldest person was born in the late 1800s. You can email your scanned photos to me at email@example.com or alternatively, ask for my address and send a photo-copy to me.
- Albert H Minney. Youngest son of Ebenezer and Jane Minney, born 1866, Yardley Hastings, Northants. Photo taken early 1930s.
- Alec and Florrie May Minney. Taken circa 1925, Vicarage Farm, Waresley, Cambs. Back Row, left to right: Audrey born 1910, Irene born 1906, Dorothy born 1905, Ida born 1909, Margaret born 1907 and William born 1912. Front Row: George born 1915, Alec, Richard born 1922 and Florrie May.
- Charles Minney. Date of photo unknown, born 1834 Scotland or New Jersey (?) died 1902 Denver USA. Submitted by Jeanette Reiter.
- Deborah Minney and Sarah Ann Minney. Photo taken early 1930s at Yardley Hastings. Deborah and Sarah are children of Ebenezer and Jane Minney. From left to right: Deborah Rainbow (nee Minney) born 1850, Sarah Ann Morrisroe (nee Minney, previously married to William Goss) born 1858, Ethel Morrisroe, and Brian Morrisroe.
Yardley Hastings tied-cottage and former brickworks (Marquis of Northampton's estate)
occupied by Ebenezer Minney and family 1850s-1860s. Photograph taken 1998. Submitted by Dianne Harriman.
- Yardley Hastings former brickworks worked in by Ebenezer Minney 1850s-1860s.
[Shows two of Ebenezer Minney's 2x great granddaughters.] Photograph taken 1998.Submitted by Dianne Harriman.
Yardley Hastings tied-cottage occupied by Ebenezer Minney and family 1850s-1860s. Photograph taken 1998. Submitted by Dianne Harriman.
- Ella Minney. daughter of Joseph and Rose Minney of Cardington, Beds. Submitted by Tina Mason.
- Fred Minney and family.Here is a photo taken in about 1910 of the Minney family in Plymouth. Fred Minney was my grandad and his wife was Mabel Pengelly born 1881. Don't know when he was born. The children are from left to right Fred, big boy, Norman little boy, Renee, Edith, Mabel and their mother Mabel. Also a close up of Fred Minney attached. My mother was either in utero or a twinkling in her dad's eye at the time I am told.
Some more photos;Fred Minney and his second wife, Fred Minney, Miriam Minney and Norman Minney about 1930, From L to R Mabel Minney nee Pengelly, Norman, Fred jnr, Fred Minney , and Miriam 1926 St Ives, Cornwall.
Also, see Plymouth Minney photos below.
Submitted by Elisabeth minney Boxall nee Gibson.
- Grace Ethel Minney. Date of photo circa 1902, aged about 17 years daughter of Charles Minney. USA. Submitted by Jeanette Reiter.
- Ira Minney. Ira Minney, gt gt grandson of Daniel Minney. Born 1881. Myrtle Minney (nee Meadows). Born 1906. Photo taken after 1915, possibly at Chestnut Lick, near Lockney, West Virginia.
- Jeremiah Jacob Minney 1847 -1898 , with daughter Nancy Ann, wife Elizabeth (Vannoy), son Blain, baby daughter Janie. This is a photo-copy of a newspaper print taken from The Glenville Democrat, West Virginia. 3rd December 1992. I have used various scanning 'tricks' to improve it.
- Joseph and Rose (Hill) Minney of Cardington, Beds. Joseph was born in 1882 Cotton End (Champion Ploughman of all England - date unknown) married Rose Patience HILL in Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Cardington. Joseph is son of Frederick and Rhoda (Cherry) Minney. Submitted by Tina Mason.
- Joseph Minney and Rose, and their children:
Fred and Sid at the back (not sure which one is Fred, but he went to Australia in late 1920's), Ella standing between them.
Seated from left to right, Dorothy Rose, Joseph, Rose, then my Grandma Hilda Gertrude.
This photo was taken just before Fred emigrated. Joseph and Rose lived in Chapel Lane, Cardington, Beds. Submitted by Tina Mason.
- Mary Elizabeth Pearson nee Minney 1852 - 1923, born 3rd March 1852, Priest Street, Higher Hillgate, Stockport, England. Daughter of Romeo and Sarah Minney. Died 11th March 1923, Hespeler, Ontario, Canada. Photo taken c1923 nursing grandson, Walter Hulme. Photograph kindly supplied by Spence Minney.
- Plymouth Minneys. F Minney Builder, Minney's Museum Tea and Dining Rooms, Minney's Grocery and Confectionery Store.
F Minney is Frederick Minney born about 1873 in St Columb area of Cornwall. He married Mabel and by 1906 was a builder at 25 Tavistock Road, Plymouth. All three buildings are believed to have been in Tavistock Road and were later pulled down. Edith Minney born 1904 Plymouth, is standing in the doorway of Minney's Grocery and Confectionery Stores. Her sister, Mabel born 1908 is on the right of the doorway into the tearooms. Many thanks to Patrick Weir, son of Edith for these photos.
See Fred Minney and family photo above.
- Rebecca Ann Minney. Rebecca (seated) is the widow of Johnathon S Minney. Born 1819. Standing are Danial Mason Minney, her son, born 1840 and his wife, Mary. Photo taken between 1891 and 1915. Possibly at Calhoun County, West Virginia.
- c. 1916. Sarah Ann (nee Minney) middle front row with five of her children.
back row. George Goss, Frank Goss and Thomas Morrisroe.
front row. Mabel Annie Worley (nee Goss), Sarah, Nellie Jane Goss
[Two sons Harry and Charles not in photograph. Two daughters Minnie
and Daisy died in infancy.] Submitted by Dianne Harriman.
- Spence Minney, photo taken circa 1932. McLerie St Young. Australia. Supplied by Spence himself.
- Spence Minney and Herbert Minney. Herbert son of Ethel Minney, later took surname of Burgess. This pair known as Minney Urchins. Spence is the taller of the two. Photo taken at William St, Young. Australia,c1935/1936. Supplied by Spence Minney.
- Sylvester David Minney. Silvester 'Ves' Minney, son of Jonathon and Rebecca Minney. Born 1855, Calhoun County, West Virginia. Back row, left to right: Oe, Oye, Vessie, Woney and Vernetta Minney. Front row: Annette (nee Rogers) and Silvester Minney. Note bandage to his ear. This was a fatal wound and he died in 1910 from the wound infection.
- Walter Stanley Minney. Walter Stanley, eldest son of Walter Charles Minney and Amy Gertrude Minney (nee Handford). Born 1903. Photo taken early 1920s, Bedfordshire.